Prices & Booking
Own bike £15,990 Kudu bike £17,990
Own bike £8,995 Kudu bike £9,995
Dates 10th July to w/e 10th August 2014
Own bike £8,495 Kudu bike £9,495
Dates 23th August to 13th December 2014
Own bike £19,995 Kudu bike £22,995
Dates are flexible to suit your requirements - please contact Kudu
Own bike £4995 Kudu bike £6495
If you wish to book a place on any trip you will need to submit an online Booking Form. For currencies other than Sterling please use this converter to work out your expedition price. Our customer information packs (downloadable here and from the relevant web pages) will give you a much more detailed understanding of what exactly these expeditions entail and will answer most questions you may have. If you require any further information then simply e-mail or telephone us and we'll be happy to answer all your questions in person.
Deposits, Payments and Refunds
Places are confirmed on receipt of your non-refundable deposit of £1500. Full payment must be received 3 months prior to the departure date. You can pay your deposit/full payment by UK cheque or bank transfer from overseas.
There are additional costs associated with most trips and these are always published next to the main price on this web page above. Kudu bike deposits, only applicable for our shorter adventures, are refundable at the end of your trip with any deductions being made for damages to the motorcycle. Deductions are not made for normal wear and tear or replacement parts resulting from mechanical failures, and they are not normally made for minor scratches to bodywork. Deductions from your bike deposits are normally made as a result of crash damages and generally include such things as indicators and mirrors or damaged wheel rims.
On the grounds of safety, certain health conditions preclude application. These include MS, epilepsy and diabetes although exceptions may apply. If you have any concerns about health issues we strongly recommend that you consult your GP prior to booking.
Joining reserve lists
We quite often have riders drop out of trips for any number of reasons - it is therefore very worthwhile joining a reserve list for an expedition which you want to join, but which has been listed as FULL. Simply contact us by e-mail or phone and we will let you know how many people, if any, are on the reserve list before you. The first three people on any reserve list will always have a very good chance of joining the trip and must pay a £1,500 deposit for the relevant expedition. All deposits will be refunded if you are unable to join the trip due to no riders dropping out, however if a place comes available (which will normally be 12 weeks prior to departure) and you are unable to fill it, then you will loose your deposit. Please submit the online booking form, and we will send you confirmation of your place on the list. If there are already 3 people on the reserve list before you, then no deposit is required.
Price Includes (escorted tours)
- Free-running experienced motorcycle guide
- Support 4x4 vehicles and drivers
- Logistic and technical support
- Accommodation (shared hotel rooms - individual tents)
- All visas
- Ferry charges
- Access to satellite communications (pay per minute)
- Tents and communal camping equipment when required
- Emergency medical equipment and support
- Administrative services including border liaison
Kudu motorcycle included option
- KUDU motorcycle
- All motorcycle modifications
- Carnet de Passage when necessary
- Motorcycle shipping
Kudu motorcycle not included and 4x4 self drive option
- Bike and 4x4 consultation and advice
- Administrative assistance and advice
- Mechanical assistance - extra costs incurred to third parties are not included
- Recovery assistance - extra costs incurred to third parties are not included
Price Does Not Include (escorted tours)
- Drinking water
- Travel insurance - personal effects and medical (must include emergency medical treatment and repatriation)
- Road and bridge tolls
- Game park fees, or fees associated with other specific tourist activities
- Sleeping equipment (e.g. sleeping bag, air mattress)
- All flights
- Miscellaneous local administrative and border fees
- Food. Meals whilst camping are financed from the kitty collected on departure.
- Third party vehicle insurance
- Visa agency fees where required
Kudu motorcycle not included
- All motorcycle modifications and luggage
- All motorcycle repair or recovery costs incurred to third parties
- Carnet de Passage
- Motorcycle and 4x4 shipping on some expeditions
Note: Contact us and let us help you budget for the non-inclusive costs you can expect to incur and to help you organise flights and shipping if required.