Overview & Highlights
Ride the big one with our self-ride, Round the World package - London to New York during 18 weeks of adventures around the globe. Benefit from our in-depth knowledge of the roads, borders and countries you will be travelling through. Using our self-ride pre-expedition training, itinerary and on-trip support you can embark upon the challenge and the adventure of your life with the world's most experienced RTW adventure tour organiser in support.
||England, France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany,|
|Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria,|
||Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan,|
|Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Mongolia, South Korea|
|N America :||Canada, USA.|
||Click HERE to view a Google map of the provisional route|
|Duration||18 to 30 weeks depending on options taken|
|Departures||Any time between 15th March and 20th July 2010 & 2011|
|Optional Training||2 days off-road, 2 days first-aid and mechanics|
|Hotels/ camps||Approx 85% hotels / 15% wild camps|
|On road / trail||Approx 95% road, 5% trail|
|Availability||Currently limited to just 10 per year|
- Pre-trip training. Learn everything you need to know to boost your confidence and wet your appetite in a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Riding the high passes through the Swiss Alps and into Italy.
- Historic and atmospheric Prague - beautiful, crumbling architecture and cheap beer!
- Slovakia and the Tatras Mountains with beautiful, empty mountain roads and fantastic scenery.
- Iconic Budapest on the mighty Danube and then Transylvania and Dracula's Castle at Bran in the depths of the old Soviet Eastern bloc.
- Huge, sprawling Istanbul at the gateway to Asia. Visit the Blue Mosque before heading inland to the cave town of Goreme and spectacular Mount Nemrut.
- Fascinating Tbilisi and then Azerbaijan in the Caucuses, before embarking on the never-to-be-forgotten boat ride across the Caspian Sea.
- Unique Turkmenistan with its marbled capital, Ashgabat, and burning desert craters at Darwaza.
- The Silk Road and its ancient cities in Uzbekistan - Khiva, Bukhara and Samarkand with its spectacular Ragistan.
- Breathtaking mountain scenery through Kyrgyzstan and the Tien Shan Mountains on the fringes of the Himalayas.
- The Altai in Russia with great roads and beautiful alpinesque scenery.
- Western Mongolia - amazing roads across an amazing country. Enjoy hundreds of miles of pristine wilderness and some challenging routes.
- The Trans-Siberian Highway and thousands of miles of taiga forest. Enjoy camping out in the great Russian wilderness on the long road to Vladivostok.
- Korea and a sudden and profound change in culture. Enjoy riding on perfect tar and stopping in immaculate and efficient hotels before getting ready to ship to mainland North America.
- Vancouver Island and the Inside Passage boat trip to Prince Rupert. A fantastic journey through the islands and inlets of Canada's stunning Pacific coast.
- Ride classic roads like the Alaskan and Klondike Highways through the Canadian and Alaskan wilderness to Anchorage, Fairbanks and Dawson.
- Jasper and Glacier Nation Parks and the "Going to the Sun Road" - some of the best biking roads you will ever see.
- The long road east through America's mid-west and then up to Niagara Falls on the Great Lakes.
- Riding into Manhattan in New York, dusty, tired and having experienced 4 months of amazing, challenging and simply unforgettable adventures.
Check out the blog from our 2009 group tour here >>
We run optional pre-trip training specifically tailored to our self-ride customers. Run in a relaxed and friendly environment they are designed to boost confidence and arm you with the skills and knowledge you need to set out on your trip of a lifetime fully prepared. Most sessions are run from our premises in Worcestershire but we also run off-road training sessions in mid-Wales. The full day of trip orientation is included in the price but the additional days of frist-aid, mechanics and off-road training are optional extras.
Included - Trip orientation (1 day):
- Kit and equipment overview
- Route familiarisation
- GPS and navigation training
- Expedition administration
Optional - Off Road training (2 days):
- Dedicated off-road instruction and practice
Optional - Mechanics (1 Day):
- Motorcycle maintenance
- Basic motorcycle repair
- Puncture repair
Optional - First aid (1 Day):
- Introduction to first aid
- Injury assessment and treatment
- Health on the road
For self-ride options we can provide fully prepared, brand new BMW F800GS or Yamaha XT660 Tenere motorcycles. They will be run in to their first service and fitted with crash bars. They will also have lockable aluminium panniers, handlebar mounted GPS navigation and set up ready to carry you around the world. For self-ride options these motorcycles must be purchased outright and are not available for hire. We do however have a post-trip "buy-back" option if you do not need or want the motorcycle once the trip has ended. We use these bikes because they are quite simply the best for the job being extremely well made, strong, reliable and great fun to ride. They have performed exceptionally well on our other tours and have a proven track-record. Contact us for more information on the bikes we have available for you and see the self-ride Prices and Booking page for costs.
There are two different self-ride packages available depending upon the level of support or the flexibility that you would like. These packages are defines below and you will need to select one at the time of booking and prices vary - please see the Booking page for full details.
This option is best for those who want a flexible itinerary as hotel accommodation is not included in price. This means that you can set your own itinerary and travel at your own pace without having to keep to a set schedule. In addition, visas are not included and so you can pick and choose which countries on the route you travel to as well as deciding how long you will spend in each country and where your rest days will be.
Our highest level of support (short of joining one of our group tours) is ideal for those who require a set itinerary and have a set timescale for their trip. It includes the majority of hotel fees as listed in the trip itinerary, motorcycle shipping during the expedition and back to the port of entry in your home country on completion, visas available in the UK, and your Carnet de Passages if required.